Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Baby quilt all finished

I've finished my latest nine-patch baby quilt. I'm quite happy with it - a bit different to my normal plain square pattern. The binding is turquoise, although it looks pale blue in the photos, and the backing is lemon (we don't know if baby will be a boy or a girl yet, so I covered both possibilities).

I did mitered corners, although I'm not sure they look entirely how they're supposed to. But that's what practice is for.

Naturally there were a couple of mistakes! Just a couple of wonky stitches that hopefully won't be noticed. There was a patch where I'd sewed the binding through the backing and the wadding, but not the actual quilt top, so I had to do some ad-hoc handsewing and luckily you can't tell now.

Fingers crossed the new arrival likes it (and the mother too!). On to my next baby quilt that's been commissioned now - this one has a specific colour scheme rather than my normal hotch-potch of random patterns and colours. I'm having trouble finding the right kind of pastel green fabric though, so I'm on the hunt before I can start any designs.

On a sour note, the lady at the fabric shop fleeced me. I bought 0.5m of plain white cotton, and when I got home I realised she charged me for 1m. Rip off Britain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!