Tuesday 22 May 2012

Delicious chocolate cake

To celebrate my almost-brother-in-law's birthday this weekend, I made a gorgeous Devil's Food Cake. This chocolate cake recipe is just divine - it's fluffy, light but dense, sticky but melting and floaty. I love this recipe and I maintain it's the best cake I've made.


I still haven't made the ideal frosting - an egg white, marshmallowy creation - but have been experimenting with different approaches. This time, I melted 150g of dark chocolate in 150ml of double cream, heated in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Once cooled, I spread some to sandwich the cakes together, then more on the top....and then the leftovers around the sides too. Topped with a few chocolate vermicelli, it looked yummy.

And it tasted SO GOOD......!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!