Wednesday 29 January 2014

Hummingbird Bakery red velvet cake

For my birthday this year (January 3, please note, put it in your diaries for next year) my brother bought me a Hummingbird Bakery red velvet cake - how lucky am I!


It was delicious from the first bite. Thick, creamy, smooth cream cheese buttercream on the outside, a fluffy sponge, brilliant colour... And massive. It went on forever - it lasted for days, even with my appetite.

It was my first taste of a real Hummingbird Bakery cake - not living in London means I just get to read the books and try to recreate their magic in my own kitchen. I will definitely be visiting the Bakery next time I'm in London, even just for a cupcake rather than a massive large cake.

I was tempted to take it to cake club and pretend it was my own - joke, of course...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!