Wednesday 19 October 2011

Kirsty Allsopp said "lovely"

I was mentioned on the actual radio this afternoon. Crafter, baker, and maker on the telly Kirsty Allsopp (also of 'Location, location, location' fame) was on the BBC Radio 2 Simon Mayo show, talking about her attempts at local craft fayres and crafty stuff in general. After hearing him mention said upcoming interview, and the selection of quilting-related songs on the playlist, I emailed in with the vague hope that I might be mentioned.

AND I WAS!

He read out my email about my quilting, and Kirsty bloomin Allsopp said "lovely" in reference to the pic of my quilt I attached to the email. So proud and impressed - I know it's quit ridiculous to be so pleased at a little mention on the radio but it really made my day.

Here's a link to the radio show, although I'm not sure how long it'll last - you need to go to about 1 hour 8 mins in and listen from here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p2dfq

Quilts, on the radio... whatever next. I'll be hosting my own patchwork show!!

This was the pic that I send Simon Mayo off the radio: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!