Friday 18 March 2011

Up and running


I've been MIA for ages as we moved house last weekend - I now officially live with my boyfriend! In a house about 5 times the size of my old flat - it's going to take some getting used to. I keep wandering around, looking for Steve because there's too many rooms to find him in (then I remember he's not here, he's got his head in a car engine elsewhere...).

So, there was the hustle and bustle of moving, and then useless BT couldn't figure out how to press the one button that connects your broadband. Numerous arguments with them later and I'm finally online again, hurrah!

The house is lovely. And, it includes a spare room that will be my sewing room! No more crouching over the coffee table on my sewing machine - I now have a whole room with a desk to spread my patches out on. I can't wait to get re-started on my projects.

I've now been issued another challenge for my godson - to make the bunting for his birthday party in May. Slightly less stressful than the Christening cake. His mum wants a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake, but has decided as mother she ought to do it herself - I'm pleased, as although I'm a baker, I'm not a cake decorator!

To celebrate our excellent new house, we have instigated 'Champagne Mondays'. A brilliant idea, you'll agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!