Friday 6 May 2011

A trifle excited

The Royal Wedding was a week ago and it was brilliant. I think I'm late with this blog post as the excitement hasn't quite worn off yet...

Being a good day to be British, I made cucumber sandwiches (and ham ones for those who have to have meat), a gorgeous Victoria sponge cake with buttercream and jam filling, and a traditional sherry trifle. Yum!!! It was a brilliant spread, topped off with copious cups of tea and cream soda.





I timed the cake needing to come out of the oven at the exact moment Kate would arrive at the church, so there was some mad running between lounge and kitchen to both catch a glimpse of the dress and prevent the cake from burning at the same time. Luckily I managed both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!