Friday, 21 January 2011

Teapot quilt - done!

My teapot-themed quilt is done!!

I finished the binding today. It's the first binding I've ever done, so it was a bit of a challenge and a learning curve. There were a few mistakes along the way...

And not all of it is as perfect as it could be - but then quilts aren't allowed to be perfect, else they don't look handmade.

I'm really proud of it - it's my first full quilt, with all the quilting and binding done properly. I've learned a lot doing it, and certainly got to grips with my new sewing machine - and it's full of teapots and cupcakes! I made it for myself to practise all the right techniques on, rather than as a gift or donation for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!