Sunday 17 June 2012

Meal planning Monday soon comes around

Meal planning Monday comes around once more - it only seems five minutes since the last one...


This week, I've tried to keep things as light and healthy as possible - I always do, but some weeks the plans get forgotten and we end up eating more chips than should be allowed. Also, after overcoming a random and sudden onset allergy, I need to really keep track of what I'm eating to see whether anything triggers a reaction off again.

Monday: Baked salmon with a pesto and breadcrumb crust, served with brocolli and rice
Tuesday: Grilled sausages, with butternut squash quinoa, with onions, dried apricots, pistachios, flaked almonds, and mint, served with yogurt mixed with a little tahini
Wednesday: Chicken and mango salad, with a mango chutney, curry powder, and yogurt dressing
Thursday: Pork meatballs with chilli noodles and hoisin sauce, with pak choi
Friday: Something with pasta and bacon and whatever else I can find in the fridge
Saturday: I'm at a hen do during the day, then we're out at a wedding in the evening, so meals are dependent on others
Sunday: Roast chicken, with roasted new potatoes, citrus roasted carrots, and any other veg I can muster up

Wednesday's meal: curried chicken mango salad, from BBC Good Food

At the moment, it's all making my stomach churn. I haven't quite recovered from the allergic reaction yet, and I think the antihistamines are still making me a bit dozy. I hope my energy and appetite return soon.

What are you cooking this week? Anything delish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, hints, tips, and anything else!